[eImageSite.net][Natural World][Places of Worship] 
[information index][image galleries][systematic index]
[Systematic index][gg][0718]

Ste Marguerite de la Foret,


Guernsey
Bailiwick of Guernsey

Guernsey's smallest parish Church was built in two stages the nave, chancel and the centrally positioned tower in the 13th century, and additions in the 15th century. It has two entrances, one originally for men and the other for women. All now enter by the north door. The walls feature massive stones which were once part of a dolmen. The interior Church was restored in 1891. The Church clock commemorates Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee.

Add an entry about this building to our guestbook

Image 4404 2006-06-17
Parish Church of Ste Marguerite de la Foret
[Ste Marguerite de la Foret][Ste Marguerite de la Foret]Image 4405 2006-06-17
Parish Church of Ste Marguerite de la Foret
Image 4403 2006-06-17
Ste Marguerite de la Foret
[Ste Marguerite de la Foret]

Picture credits

All Images supplied by Hugh J Griffiths

Index through the images

Images updated 2017-11-29 16:00+00:00.

 Previous in country: St André de la Pommeraye - St Andrew's Road, St Andrew's
 Next in country: Town Church - St Peter Port, Guernsey
 Previous in state: St André de la Pommeraye - St Andrew's Road, St Andrew's
 Next in state: Town Church - St Peter Port, Guernsey
Copyright © www.eimagesite.net 2003-2018. All Rights Reserved. E&OE
Images copyright of their respective owners - see our Copyright Page
2018-01-19 01:30+00:00
Terms of Use
contact
Software: v5.8.62c21,cmd67k24,d66a26,db66i28,cmh67k21,h67k26,u68a14,cmut66j24,s68a08,en62k13,a67f29 page